Studio K is a Chicago based interior design firm with an exciting portfolio of projects. Ranging from restaurants, bars and hotels to luxury student housing, our unique projects span the country. We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate will be driven, self-motivated, organized, have a positive attitude and possess the ability to efficiently communicate. The Staff Accountant position will work closely with our CFO and Operations Director and handle day-to-day bookkeeping for our businesses as well as administer some aspects of HR. We’re a creative company and are seeking an entrepreneurial individual who is looking for an opportunity to grow.
Duties of the role include:
- Drafting weekly client invoices for review
- Updating weekly invoice tracking spreadsheet and formulating billing forecast
- Meeting with senior staff to update on project status for billing
- Filing and paying monthly Illinois sales tax for procurement company
- Accounting review of procurement budgets/contracts
- End of year 1099 reporting and filing
- Performing monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities including reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts, coordination and compilation of monthly and yearly financial reports.
- Managing accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, including credit control.
- Coordinating with our tax partners to ensure timely compliance with state and federal requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5-7 years accounting experience, with at least some time spent in a creative services company
- Expertise with QuickBooks and Harvest, as well as familiarity with cloud-based tools such as expensify and bill.com.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced computer skills in google sheets and excel.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org