Interior Design Job Captain
Who We Are:
We are a Chicago-based interior design firm with an exciting portfolio of projects. Ranging from restaurants, bars and hotels to luxury student housing, our unique projects span the country. Founded in 2014, we’re expanding rapidly with an upcoming design roster including Nobu Chicago, Girl & The Goat LA, and the iconic Marshall Field’s building. Our team loves our new West Town building, Friday summer hours and wellness days.
Most importantly, we work hard and love what we do.
What You'll Do:
Our job captain oversees the work of designers and draftsmen, reporting progress and issues to the senior designers as needed. They ensure that the team stays on schedule and executes plans that conform to the requirements of the senior designers The job captain works as a designer and will participate in the creation of drawings and drafts in CAD. In their supervisory role, the job captain also reviews the drawings of the team, suggests revisions, and has other draftsmen update designs on those suggestions before presenting them to senior designers.
- Interior Design or Architecture Degree
- 4+ years interior design work experience - hospitality required
- Excellent AutoCAD & Adobe Creative Suite Skills. Photoshop and InDesign a must. SketchUp and Illustrator a plus.
- Exceptional vendor management and communication (written/verbal) skills
- Ability to confidently and clearly communicate design to clients
- Proficient in all phases of design from concept through construction administration
- Proficient in working with and sourcing architectural materials/finishes and FF&E
- Proficient in construction drawing, documentation and oversight
- Oversee and manage a team of designers across multiple projects
Please send your letter, resume. portfolio and work samples by email in PDF format, no larger than 8MB, to firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to include the job title ‘Job Captain’ in the Subject line.
*** NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE ***